10th HISTORY OF EDUCATION DOCTORAL SUMMER SCHOOL (HEDSS-10)
Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK; 13-16 June 2019
The History of Education Doctoral Summer School (HEDSS) invites applications from postgraduate students in the History of Education with an interest in the histories of educational spaces and discourses and new ways of working with images, artefacts, and archives. Leading international historians of education give lectures and workshops, and offer advice concerning the research process. There are opportunities for students to discuss their dissertation projects with fellow doctoral candidates and receive comments from prominent scholars in the field.
HEDSS started as an initiative of EERA’s Network 17, “Histories of Education”, and HEDSS-10 is the tenth session in a series of successful events that started in Ghent in 2010 and was followed by meetings in Birmingham 2011, Lisbon 2012, Hamburg 2013, Umeå 2014, Luxembourg 2015, Groningen 2016, Porto Conte 2017, and Riga in 2018.
HEDSS-10 is organised by Liverpool John Moores University, in Liverpool, UK. This session of the summer school is supported by
- Stichting Paedagogica Historica
- History of Education Society, UK
- European Educational Research Association (EERA)
- International Standing Conference for the History of Education (ISCHE)
- Liverpool John Moores University (School of Education and School of Arts, Humanities and Social Science)